Saturday, December 29, 2007

Tiara Girls Tour Pasadena

Today I was joined by 4 other Tiara Girls as I toured the 2008 Rose Bowl activities throughout Pasadena, California. Above, I met Rose Queen Dusty Gibbs and presented her with roses... I was welcomed to the "Golden State" by Ruthee Goldkorn (Ms. Wheelchair California 2001-), the MSWC State Coordinator. Then I was accompanied by Juliette Rizzo (Ms. Wheelchair America 2005), Susan Rotchy (Ms. Wheelchair California 2007), Lilly Simmons (1st Runner-up for Ms. Wheelchair California 2007), and Laura Williams, President of Californians for Disability Rights, as I made the rounds...

I had the honor of helping to decorate the Donate Life float along with one of their special guests, Ellen, who will be appearing in the parade in memory of her late husband.



I also got to meet Ellen's four children, whom she adopted from Mother Theresa...
Later, I got backstage tours of the Donate Life float and the Los Angeles Firefighters float...

I met a local Girl Scout Troop and talked to them about the Ms. Wheelchair America program...
I concluded my busy day with a reception for Ms. Wheelchair America at the Los Angeles Sheraton Hotel... See you tommorrow!!!