Saturday, July 19, 2008

Off To Nationals...

I'm leaving this weekend for Washington DC to crown the new national titleholder, Ms. Wheelchair America 2009. The competition will take place all week, and the winner will be chosen live at the pageant next Saturday evening, July 26th. I wish all of this year's contestants the best of luck!

I can't believe it's been a year already since I competed for the crown! I have had a wonderful year, traveling across the country as an advocate and voice of over 50 million Americans with disabilities. It has truly been an honor and a privilege to give something back to my country in this way, as well as to positively affect the lives of those living with disabilities. I hope to continue my advocacy work for a long time to come...

I would like to thank all of those people who have supported me along the way - my husband, family, friends, peers, blog-readers, and everyone else who has touched my life. This has been a year I will indeed cherish for the rest of my life.