Monday, January 14, 2008

Upcoming Appearance: Abilities Expo, March 28-30, 2008

I will be presenting a workshop on "Physical Fitness for People with Disabilities" at the Abilities Expo in New York on March 30, 2008. I will also be doing a "Meet & Greet" as Ms Wheelchair America 2008 for people who come out to the show.

This is a great opportunity for me to encourage people with disabilities to take a proactive approach to their health by engaging in healthy nutrition and regular exercise. By taking control of these behaviors, people with disabilities can become more empowered about their overall health and wellness.

Physical Fitness is something I believe in very strongly because I have personally experienced firsthand the benefits of exercise and eating right. I joined a fitness program in 2006 after being sedentary for more than 20 years. I lost approximately 50 pounds, and feel much-improved health and self-confidence. If I can do it, others can too!

These pictures are BEFORE and AFTER I started my fitness program: