Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Champions of Change Breakfast

Yesterday I had the honor of being a guest speaker at the annual South Shore YMCA "Champions of Change" Fundraising Kickoff Breakfast. I spoke about the importance of the YMCA in my life, particularly the Partnership Program for people with disabilities.

Following my remarks, Peter Waisgerber presented me with a Wheaties cereal box that had my picture on it. That has to be the most creative thank-you I have ever recieved!


Several other guest speakers, including YMCA staff and Board members, spoke about the important programming the agency provides throughout many communities on the South Shore.

I have also been invited to attend the YMCA's next fundraising event, "A Taste of the South Shore." This event will be held on March 27 at Lombardos in Randolph, MA. For those of you interested in supporting the YMCA, please log on to www.ssymca.org for more information.